Students • Financial Aid • Unusual Enrollment

Unusual Enrollment History (UEH) flags:

Beginning in 2013-2014, some Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSAs) will be flagged for "unusual enrollment history" by the U. S. Department of Education as a result of the student having received federal Pell Grants at multiple institutions in recent years. Flags "2" and "3" require that the current institution review the student's enrollment history and determine whether or not the student is enrolling only long enough to receive cash refunds of federal student aid.


NOTE: The MC Financial Aid Office, in the process of reviewing a student's UEH flag, will check the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) for complete enrollment history (i.e., name of each school attended during the 2012-2013, 2013-2014, and 2014-2015 academic years - the review period - and dates of attendance).

How to resolve: All students with UEH flag 3 and some students with UEH flag 2 will be required to provide to complete an MC Unusual Enrollment History Form, send their academic transcripts or grade reports from all colleges and universities attended during the review period. If Pell Grants were received and credit hours (passing grades: A - D) were not earned at each institution attended during these award years, the student may be determined ineligible for further federal financial aid. The Financial Aid Office has the authority to require an official academic transcript from any/all colleges attended during the review period if the documents you submit are unclear.

Appealing the ineligibility determination: if a student has been determined by MC to be ineligible for federal student aid on the basis of (or lack of) documentation, he/she may appeal the determination by contacting the Financial Aid Office.

Regaining federal student aid eligibility: Students whose aid eligibility is denied as a result of their UEH can be re-considered for federal student aid after enrolling for Two academic terms, not dropping or withdrawing from (officially or unofficially) any courses after the term begins, and meeting the College's standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).