Submit test scores to MC Enrollment Services
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a program designed to help students be successful in college. It includes assessment of students before entering a state-supported college or university, advisement and an individual plan designed to prepare students to meet college-readiness skills.
- A pre-assessment (PAA) is required before you can take the TSI Exam: www.midland.edu/pre-assessment
- Testing or proof of testing is required for registration for academic dual credit classes. Please see the testing requirement chart below for required scores.
- Students on a certificate plan do not need to provide testing or proof of testing results.
- Please allow at least 4 hours to complete TSI (reading, writing, math)
- For more information regarding testing please visit the Midland College Testing Center or contact them at (432) 685-4504 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testing RequirementsTexas Success Initiative (TSI) test scores or exemption documentation. Examples: Scores on TSI, SAT, ACT or PSAT (11th grade only). Students must meet required testing pre-requisites in order to enroll.
Passing TSI Assessment
Writing: Essay Score of 5 / or Essay Score of 4 + Multiple Choice: 363
Exemptions - Valid for 5 years
Composite: 23 (English + Math)
English 19 and/or Math 19
Composite: 1070 (Reading + Math)
Critical Reading: 500 and/or Math: 500