Academics • Distance Learning • NetTutor • Student Guide
What is NetTutor?
• NetTutor is a comprehensive online tutoring service for all levels of college courses.
• All of our tutors are highly trained, and experts in the course that you are taking. We're ready to help.
• You can usually find the NetTutor icon in your LMS under your course. Click the link to open your NetTutor Tutoring Home Page.
How do I get started?
• Select the subject for which you wish to receive tutoring. The dashboard for that subject will open.
• To connect with a tutor, click on "Ask NetTutor - Live l-to-1 Help."
• You will be directed to a page where you can see your position in the queue and view a video with instructions for asking questions in NetTutor.
What happens in a tutoring session?
• When a tutor is available, you will automatically be brought into a tutorial room. A cowbell will ring. This lets you know that the session has begun.
• Your tutor will help you work the problem out and give you hints if you get stuck.
• Please come prepared to learn.
What if I don't have time to chat with an online tutor?
• The Q&A Center a I lows you to ask a question offline, which a tutor will usually answer within 24 hours. When an answer has been prepared, you will receive an email notifying you that your question is ready. After you review the answer, you can ask a follow-up question.
Will it work on my computer?
• NetTutor works with Windows and Macintosh, and on almost any browser. After you log in, a browser test will confirm that your computer is compatible with NetTutor. If anything is missing, the test will tell you where to find it. You may try the browser test directly by visiting http://www.html5test.com
What if I need technical help?
For additional information, please contact:
The Department of Distance Learning