Student Life Student Clubs and Groups Spirit Squad
Midland College is excited to announce the incorporation of a Dance Team into our Spirit Squad program for the 2013- 2014 season! The Spirit Squad will consist of the Cheerleaders, Mascot and the Dance Team. This will be a group of selected individuals whose purposes are to promote and uphold school spirit, encourage crowd participation at athletic events, and develop a sense of good sportsmanship among students. The squad will be the foundation of athletic and academic spirit, and will represent Midland College in a positive light and perform and entertain audiences. The spirit and enthusiasm of a Midland College Spirit Squad member is important in the promotion of sportsmanship, citizenship and school spirit. Each squad member must develop loyalty towards the team as well as the school and assume a leadership position. Scholarships will be awarded to the top selected individuals.
The following information is for the 2013-2014 tryouts.
Click the links below for tryout requirements and information.
Please read through all the information and requirements carefully.
* Includes Clinic Dates, Tryout Date, and All Necessary Forms/Waivers
* Forms/Waivers and Letters of Recommendation are due on or before Tuesday, April 2, 2013
* Candidates who are unable to attend the clinics or tryouts are
encouraged to tryout via video submission.
* Video Submissions, Forms/Waivers, and Letters of Recommendation are due on or before
Thursday, March 28th. Submissions received after this date will not be accepted.
* Please read carefully, then sign and return the last page with the tryout information
to complete your file.
If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact the Spirit Squad Coordinator:
Intramural Sports Coordinator, and Spirit Squad Advisor/Coach
Scharbauer Student Center (SSC) Office #101