Academics • MC University Connections • FAQ's
University Transfer Programs

Participating Universities

Q. Which universities participate in Midland College’s University Connections?

A. Texas Tech University, Sul Ross State University and Western Governors University.


Q. How do I participate in University Connections?

A. You must contact the participating university(ies) for their admissions requirements. or contact Dr. Margaret Wade at ((432) 685-4615, or


Q. Where do I register for classes?

A. You will register through the registration system of the participating university in which you are enrolling.

Q. Do I pay Midland College tuition or university tuition?

A. You will pay the tuition and fees charged by the university offering the course in which you are enrolling.

Degree Programs

Q. How many credits can I transfer from Midland College?

A. Please contact the transfer counselor at the participating university.

Q. Must I complete my associate’s degree before enrolling at a participating university?

A. No. However, it may be to your advantage to complete your associate’s degree at Midland College first. MC graduates have  found the associate’s degree useful in obtaining employment or promotions while continuing to pursue a bachelor’s degree.

Academic Advising and Financial Aid

Q. Whom do I see for academic advising and financial aid?

A. Please contact the advisors and counselors at the participating university.

Veterans Benefits

Q. If I am eligible for educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, may I use them at participating institutions?

A. Yes. You may use your benefits at both MC and participating universities.


Q. Where are the courses taught?

A. Sul Ross and Texas Tech Physician's Assistant courses in the University Connections program are taught on the main campus of Midland College at 3600 N. Garfield, Midland, Texas. Western Governors University classes are all online.

Q. Who teaches the courses?

A. All courses are taught by qualified faculty members of the respective  participating universities.

Q. What library services and learning resources are available to me?

A. All students enrolled at Midland College or a participating university are eligible to obtain a library card and may use all resources and

services available at MC's Fasken Learning Resource Center (LRC).

Q. Where do I obtain textbooks and class materials?

A. All University Connections books and materials are available at the Midland  College bookstore.

Q. Which institution will award my degree?

A. Midland College will award Associate’s and Bachelor’s of Applied technology degrees, and the  participating universities will award Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.

University Connections Contacts

Q. Who do I contact for specific information about participating universities  and instructional programs?

A. Dr. Margaret Wade at ((432) 685-4615, or

Q. Who do I contact for general information about the University Connections?

A. Please contact the office of the Dean of Mathematics and Natural Scioence, Dr. Margaret Wade at ((432) 685-4615, or

universitycenter footer 

Midland College University Connections offers students multiple options for either beginning or completing their education.