Honors Program Am I Eligible?
Honors Program Requirements
You may be considered for participation in the Honors Program at Midland College if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- • Graduated in the top 20% of your High School Class.
- • Have a TAKS score high enough to be THEA exempt.
- • Have a combined score of 1050 on the SAT (with a min. of 500 on each part of the exam)
- • Took the revised SAT with a writing section and scored 1575 (minimum of 500 on each section).
- • Have a composite score of 23 on the ACT (with a min. of 19 in either Math or English)
- • Have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher on 12 or more semester hours of college work.
- • Member of Phi Theta Kappa.
A contract is required between you and your instructor detailing your Honors project. The project will be designed to take you beyond the normal requirements for the course. The Honors Program is designed to offer Honors credit in a number of disciplines. From Welding to Information Systems and from Math to Sociology, the program is only limited by you, your instructor, and your field of interest.
Providing an enhanced creative and supportive learning environment and special recognition for talented students.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Paula Marshall-Gray, Associate Professor of History and Anthropology
MHAB 155 • 685-6811 • email@example.com