Geology Student Resources
MC/SRSU Science Initiative Program
- Want to earn a Bachelor degree in Geology?
- You can do it while attending classes at Midland college through the Midland College-Sul Ross State University Science Initiative Program.
- Courses are presented on the Midland College campus via interactive, televised lectures by Sul Ross faculty.
- The laboratory part of the course is taught at the Midland campus by Midland College faculty.
- You can save your time and money!
- For more information, contact:
Lady Jenna Carey, Science Initiative Program Transfer Specialist
ASHF 128, Midland College, (432) 685-6454, firstname.lastname@example.org
Midland College Scholarships For Geology/Science Students
- Petroleum Technology Scholarship
- Bank of America Energy Scholarship
- Atmos Energy Scholarship
- Norma M. Joseph M. Wolfe Science Scholarship
The student must complete the Midland College's Scholarship Application and have a MC Student ID before completing the application. Scholarship selection may be based on financial need or academic performance or both. Scholarship applications are year sepcific. A new application must be submitted each academic year (September through August).
Permian Basin Area Foundation Scholarships
Permian Basin Area Foundation is pleased to administer the following two scholarships that provide financial assistance to current college/university students majoring in geosciences:
- PBGS (Permian Basin Geophysical Society) Scholarship
- Dawson Geophysical Scholarship
Application must contain the following forms:
- General Scholarship Application
- Scholarship Checklist for Foundation Scholarships
- An essay about what prompted you to choose the geosciences field (This should not exceed one page typed.)
- Reference Evaluation Form (optional)
Upadated application information and forms for the each academic year will be available beginning January of each year. Additional information is available at www.pbaf.org.
WTGS offers through the West Texas Geological Foundation (WTGF) several scholarships to college students studying earth science, environmental technology, or petroleum engineering. Please take the time to find out if you or someone you know qualify for one of these great opportunities.
- R. L. (Bert) Swanson, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund
- John Emery Adams Scholarship Fund
- E. Russell Lloyd Scholarship Fund
- Bernold M. "Bruno" Scholarship Fund
Download the Scholarship Application, and return to WTGS. Please note this is a digital form. You should be able to download and type into all the blanks the appropriate information or you are welcome to print the form and fill-out the information by hand. You must hand write the essay, then sign the form prior to applying.
SEG (Society of Exploration Geophysicists) Foundation Scholarships
- SEG Foundation Scholarships are intended to encourage the study of the geophysics and related geosciences and to recognize students demonstrating outstanding academic merit.
- Make sure you have your transcripts and recommendation letters ready.
- SEG Scholarship Program (pdf file)
- For more information, click here.
Geology Scholarships for Spring 2014
Congratulation to the following Geology students :
Austin Hafner, Solome Nakaweesa, Kelly Rains, Melissa Holder Vassilion.
From left, Dr. Keonho Kim, Austin , Solome , Kelly , Melissa , and Antony Giles.