Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Credit for Training
Home | Program Information | Syllabi | Semester Plans | Credit for Training | Links
Midland College recognizes the value of both training and experience in career fields. Individuals seeking the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Law Enforcement degree option may be awarded a total of 18 semester credit hours for the following licenses and certifications:
As awarded, these courses cannot be used to satisfy the requirements for the Associate of Science in Criminal Justice degree option, and these courses are not intended for transfer to a university offering a baccalaureate degree in criminal justice or a related discipline.
for individuals who hold a current Texas Peace Officer License:
- Introduction to Criminal Justice (credited as CJSA 1322)
- Court Systems and Practices (credited as CJSA 1313)
- Fundamentals of Criminal Law (credited as CJSA 1327)
- Legal Aspects of Law Enforcement (credited as CJSA 2300)
for individuals who hold a current Texas Jailer License:
- Basic Jail Course (credited as CJCR 1300 and substituted for Correctional Systems and Practices)
for individuals who hold a current Texas Telecommunications Operator License:
- Basic Telecommunications (credited as CJLE 1301 and used as an elective course in the degree plan)
For more information please contact:
Robert Peetz, M.C.J.
Professor of Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement Program Coordinator