Self-paced Tutorial will introduce some of the Research Tools available
at the Fasken LRC.
After completing it you will be able to:
- efficiently use the Fasken LRC's online catalog to find materials in the collection.
- differentiate scholarly journals from popular
& trade magazines.
- locate Audio-Visual materials relevant to your research
- determine the appropriate electronic databases useful to your research.
- use Databases to find relevant content in journals and book collections
- find relevant information in Credo Reference sources
- use the Online catalog's Knowledge Portal to locate
relevant and authoritative Internet sources
- use InterLibrary Loans to request books
and articles not in the LRC's collection .
You can work through the different modules and activities, one module
at a time in any order that you wish. When you have completed all modules, go to Assessment. To give us your feedback or make any comments on this Tutorial, please go to Evaluation.
To successfully complete this tutorial you need to already have
some web and computer skills, as outlined in Requirements. Also, the activities and examples used have been
chosen specifically to illustrate how research tools function and
the differences between them, work through these to get the full
benefit. You can later use your own research topics.