Self-paced Tutorial will introduce some of the Research Tools available
at the Fasken LRC.
After completing it you will be able to:
- efficiently search e-Library the Fasken LRC's online catalog.
- use BOOKMYNE app to search catalog with your smartphone.
- differentiate scholarly journals from popular
& trade magazines.
- become familiar with the multiple databases available.
- locate relevant streaming videos and other Audio-Visual materials.
- effectively utilize SPEEDY SEARCH to simultaneously search e-Library and databases.
- use Knowledge Portal and LRC Links to locate
relevant and authoritative web resources.
- use InterLibrary Loans to request books
and articles not in the LRC's collection .
You can work through the different modules and activities, one module
at a time in any order that you wish. When you have completed all modules, go to Assessment. To give us your feedback or make any comments on this Tutorial, please go to Evaluation.
To successfully complete this tutorial you need to already have
some web and computer skills, as outlined in Requirements. Also, the activities and examples used have been
chosen specifically to illustrate how research tools function and
the differences between them, work through these to get the full
benefit. You can later use your own research topics.