- I'm a Midland College Online/Distance Learning student, what Library resources can I use from home?
You can access all electronic resources from home. Contact the library (see # 8) to verify enrollment and obtain login information. For additional information click: Library Resources for Distance Learning.
- Can I get credit for this tutorial?
No, this tutorial is for your benefit only. It is not a credit
- Can I take this tutorial instead of attending a Library Orientation?
No, a Library Orientation may cover other specific research
tools, as requested by your instructor. This tutorial may reinforce
or supplement what was covered in library orientation; it
is not meant as a substitute.
- Can I save/download files from the Internet?
If you are using the computers in the LRC, you can save/download
files to your own USB Flash Drive only. Other computer
labs on campus may have different policies, please check with
lab staff before downloading any files.
- Can I print and how much does it cost?
If you are using the computers in the LRC, you can print up to
20 pages free of charge. If you need to print more
than that, please bring your own paper. Other computer labs on
campus may have different policies, please check with lab staff
- What do I do if the computer crashes?
If you are using LRC computers, please inform LRC staff of any
- What do I do if the server is down?
If the Midland College server is down, wait a few minutes and
if it is not back up, call Midland College 685-4500 for an update.
- What's the login & passwords for the eBooks and electronic databases?
Only currently enrolled MC students can access our electronic databases. No username/password is
needed to access databases from an MC campus computer. To login from a remote site: call the library 685-4560 or
email: Ask a Librarian to verify current enrollment and obtain login nformation.
- What do I need to check out a book? ...What are the Library
hours? ...How many books can I check out at a time...
For general library information, click on the Library Information link on the left.
When you have completed all modules of the tutorial, try the Assessment.