Permian Basin AHEC About Us
The Permian Basin AHEC (Area Health Education Center), a non-profit organization, was created through a partnership between Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and Midland College.
Our mission is to address the health care provider shortage and improve health care access in West Texas through education and development of the health care workforce.
The Permian Basin AHEC is part of the West Texas AHEC Program, a service of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. The West Texas AHEC Program serves I05 counties.
Permian Basin AHEC focuses on the following program activities:
• Introducing school-aged youth to health care careers,
• Supporting rural clinical training for students in the health professions,
• Providing practice support to existing health care professionals, and
• Promoting healthy living.
• Colleges and Universities
• Health Care Providers Hospitals
• Health-Related Service Providers
• School Districts
• State Health Agencies
Our mission is to address the health care provider shortage and improve health care access in West Texas through education and development of the health care work force.
Permian Basin Area Health Education Center
TC 140, Midland College, 3600 N. Garfield
Midland, TX 79705
Phone: (432) 685-4794
Fax: (432) 6864833