Legacy Scholarship • Maintaining Eligibility for Legacy
Maintaining your Legacy Eligibility
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA each semester.
- Complete 75% of the courses you are enrolled in for fall/spring semesters.
- Complete an additional 40 hours of Community Service at approved agency.
- Write Statement of Impact (instructions below).
- Community Service Resume printed from your Midland Volunteer Connect account and your Statement of Impact must be turned into the Legacy Advisor (room 245 Scharbauer Student Center, Midland College main campus). To have the money applied before tuition and fees are due, it is recommended that everything be submitted by June 1st. However, funds are limited and dispersed on a first come first serve basis.
Writing your Statement of Impact
- Include your story and allow the donor to get to know you.
- Answer the question, “If it wasn’t for this scholarship, I would….”
- Write about the goals you have set and how this scholarship will help you get there.
- If you were having dinner with the donor, what would you say?
Midland's Legacy Scholarship Program
Diana Ramos, Legacy Advisor