Legacy Scholarship • Requirements & Guidelines
- Graduation: Students must graduate from high school or complete their GED in Midland County.
- GPA: Students must graduate from high school with a 2.75 or higher grade point average on a 4.0 scale. (Scholarship is pending until final high school transcript is reviewed by the MC Student Development Office.) High School Transcript Release Form (Adobe .pdf file)
- Community Service: Students must complete at least 40 hours of community service for each academic year. Students may begin their volunteer hours 18 months before the academic year in which they are applying for the scholarship. For example, students may begin volunteering the summer after their junior year in high school.
Students must complete volunteer hours at an approved Legacy Volunteer Agency before the scholarship will be awarded. It is highly recommended that students submit their Community Service Time Record between January and May of their senior year. No application will be accepted without proper documentation and signatures.View a complete list of approved agencies on the Midland College website.
- Orientation: All students must attend Legacy Scholar orientation. Students will be notified of dates via e-mail.
- Time Limit: The Legacy Scholarship must be used within two years of high school graduation or GED completion. A request for exception may be made by students with medical exemptions or military service. These exceptions are not guaranteed and are at the discretion of Midland College.
- Enrollment: In order to receive this scholarship, students must enroll in at least six (6) hours.
- Maintain Eligibility: Students must complete 75 percent of the courses for which they receive money with a minimum 2.0 GPA. If a student does not meet these requirements, the scholarship will be forfeited until satisfactory academic progress is made.
- Renewal: Scholarship recipients that maintain satisfactory academic progress are eligible for four semesters of funding from the scholarship within the two year limit described above. This scholarship is not automatically renewed each year. Students wishing to remain on the Legacy Scholarship for a second year must maintain eligibility by completing an additional 40 hours of community service and submitting a Statement of Impact. The Community Service Time Record and Statement of Impact must be submitted to the Legacy Advisor during spring semester of freshman year at MC. More information
Midland's Legacy Scholarship Program
Julia Vickery, Student Development/SIP Coordinator, (432) 685-4704 email@example.com