Midland's Legacy Scholarship Program Application
• Online Application (secure form)
Midland's Legacy Scholarship Program covers tuition and fees up to $750 per semester for full-time enrollment. The scholarship is only applicable for fall and spring semesters. Summer and interim sessions are not covered. The scholarship does not include books. Funds may not be exceeded or carried forward.
In order to receive this scholarship, the student must enroll in at least six (6) hours per semester.
Requirements and Guidelines
1. Graduation: Student must graduate from a Midland County high school.
2. GPA: Student must graduate with a 2.75 or higher grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
3. Community Service: Student must complete at least forty (40) hours of community service per academic year. Students can begin their volunteer hours the summer after their junior year of high school. The community service must be completed at an approved Legacy Volunteer Service Agency before application is considered complete. CLICK HERE to view a complete list of approved agencies on the Midland College website. ONLY the type of community service listed on the Legacy Scholarship website and completed with one of the approved agencies will be counted toward the forty (40) hours required.
4. Time Limit: The Legacy Scholarship must be used within two years of high school graduation. A request for exception may be made by students with medical exemptions or military service. These exceptions are not guaranteed and are at the discretion of the college. Students who maintain satisfactory academic progress are eligible for four semesters of funding from the scholarship within the two year limit. This scholarship is not automatically renewed. Students must reapply for the succeeding semesters and complete additional community service hours.
5. Maintain Eligibility: Students must complete 75% of the courses for which they are funded with a minimum 2.0 GPA. If a student does not meet these requirements, the scholarship will be forfeited until satisfactory academic progress is attained. Students who completely withdraw from all classes will also forfeit the scholarship.
Midland's Legacy Scholarship Program Sophomore Renewal
All of the Legacy Scholarship requirements and guidelines apply. This scholarship is not automatically renewed. Students must reapply for the succeeding semesters and complete additional community service hours.
Information and Application Forms
The Midland College Financial Aid forms are available for download in PDF format. To read and print these forms, students will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.