Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
The Adult and Developmental Education division at MC offers Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Preparation classes to help adults increase their academic skills. Students are provided with the opportunity to improve their skills in reading, math, and language arts. There are no fees for this class.
Students in the TSI preparation classes receive direct instruction and may supplement instruction via online programs that help students work at their own level and progress at their own speed. An online learning system, the Aztec Learning System, is available to assist students.
TSI classes are typically held during the summer months. All persons interested in TSI preparation classes, should call the Adult and Developmental Education division at 685-6819 or 685-6817 for more information.
• Full explanation of TSI (Adobe .pdf file)
• Understanding your TSI scores (Adobe .pdf file)
• TSI Essay help (Adobe .pdf file)
- Midland College offers tutoring services to students enrolled in Midland College. Most of the tutoring services are available on campus. For more information please contact Karen Harris at 685-4799.
Student Success Classes:
- Midland College offers two Student Success Classes. PREP 0370 is for students who have two or more TSI holds or place into IRWD 0480 or MATH 0380.
- EDUC 1100 is for all first time to college students. The one hour class will allow students to access Midland College resources, align career goals or expectations with their personality, teach financial awareness, and college study skills.
Adult and Developmental Education at Midland College