Site Licenses through Virtual College of Texas (VCT), providing Texans access to quality instruction and support regardless of distance or time constraints. For more information, contact James Fuller at the Midland College Teaching and Learning Professional Development Center, (432) 685-4625.
• READI - Diagnostic tool for identifying student readiness for distance learning
• SoftChalk - Instructor-friendly, online lesson-builder
• Digital Learning Resource Repository - A repository of 2,500+ video clips from telecourses produced by Dallas TeleLearning.
• National Institute for Staff & Organizational Development (NISOD) - Dedicated to tprofessional development of faculty, administrators and staff; and to continued improvement of teaching and learning, with the ultimate goal of student success.
• Innovation Abstract, available with NISOD membership
• The Teaching Professor - A combination of concise information and stirring inspiration to help faculty members in all disciplines teach more effectively.
• Teaching Professor Blog, Dr. Maryellen Weimer posts about teaching and learning
• Subscribe to the Teaching Professor Newsletter, $89 - 10 issues per year, print or online
• On Course - Innovative, learner-centered strategies for promoting student success and retention across the curriculum.
• "Creating Student Experts" by Rick Dollieslager, Thomas Nelson Community College, VA
• Subscribe to the On Course Newsletter, free bi-weekly e-mails
• Specialized Information Publishers Association (SIPA) - Dedicated to advancing the interests of for-profit subscription newsletter publishers and specialized-information services.
The Midland College Teaching and Learning Professional Development Center is a faculty-driven resource center, designed to promote teaching excellence as well as collaborative initiatives to enhance student learning.
For more information, contact:
James Fuller at (432) 685-4625