Vision, Mission, Core Values
Midland College will be West Texas' premier learner-centered institution offering programs and services that support and inspire student learning and community enrichment. With twenty-first century campuses, the College will empower students to achieve success.
Midland College is a comprehensive community college that is dedicated to excellence, has a commitment to learning, and promotes a life-long quest for knowledge. The institution supports individual and economic development in its service area and beyond by offering certificates, associate and baccalaureate degrees, workforce and continuing education opportunities, and comprehensive student support services. Midland College also provides a variety of community services, cultural and educational enrichment opportunities to the West Texas region.
Upon establishment, Midland College embraced the core values of Faith, Knowledge, Truth, Understanding and Wisdom as evidenced by the College seal. To these, the following have been added:
- Quality - learning experiences to help students achieve their personal and professional goals
- Diversity - commitment to the dignity and worth of all individuals
- Continuous enrichment - academic, professional, and personal growth of students and employees
- Effective learning - preparation of students for roles as citizens in a rapidly changing global economy
- Academic freedom - safe environment where competing beliefs and ideas can be openly discussed and debated
- Stewardship - efficient, effective, and ethical use of public and private resources
- Collaboration - introspection and communication predicated upon a foundation of mutual trust and support
- Accountability - using a student focused, outcomes based approach to demonstrate the quality of a program (or college) to key stakeholders.