MC Emergency Preparedness Guide • Other Emergencies • Terrorism
• Get a downloadable/printaple copy of this guide (Adobe .pdf file)
On-Campus Emergency Phone Number: 685-4 911
Terrorists look for visible targets where they can avoid detection before or after an attack. While there is no way to predict what will happen or what your personal circumstances will be, there are simple things you can do now to prepare yourself.
• Be aware of your surroundings; do not let fear overwhelm you.
• If you see what appears to be a dangerous situation, call X4911 or (432) 685-4911 and explain your concerns to the Campus Dispatcher. The Dispatcher will help determine what actions should be taken.
• Be aware of conspicuous or unusual behavior. Do not accept packages or backpacks from strangers. Do not leave your personal belongings unattended.
• Learn where emergency exits are located and how to quickly evacuate a building or congested public area.
• Stay clear of heavy or breakable objects that could move, fall or break in an explosion.
• If something occurs, seek safety immediately and listen for campus alerts that will provide you with information and precautions you need to take.
This site is intended to inform the Midland College community
about what to do in advance of, during and after an emergency.
Midland College Police Department
Midland College Public Information Office
Emergency Phone Number: 685-4 911