MC Emergency Preparedness Guide • Other Emergencies • Shelter In Place
On-Campus Emergency Phone Number: 685-4 911
Were a chemical agent attach or possible active shooter to occur, authorities may instruct people to either seek shelter where they are and seal the premises (shelter in place), or evacuate immediately. If the order is to remain on campus or in your building, you will need to follow these directions:
• Go inside and stay calm.
• Close all doors, windows and other sources of outside air.
• Go into a room with the fewest doors and windows and seal the room.
• Turn off air conditioning or heating systems to keep chemical vapors from entering.
• Ceiling or rotary fans inside the building may be used safely to keep cool.
• Limit telephone use for emergency calls only. Overloaded telephone circuits may keep actual emergency calls from getting through.
• Listen for authorities to tell you when it is safe to come out. Tune in to your local emergency radio or television station. For MC information, monitor the website ( www.midland.edu ) or await word from local officials. A text message will also be sent via MC’s emergency text notification system.
This site is intended to inform the Midland College community
about what to do in advance of, during and after an emergency.
Midland College Police Department: (432) 685-4734
Midland College Public Information Office: (432) 685-4556
Emergency Phone Number: 685-4 911