MC Emergency Preparedness Guide • Other Emergencies • Epidemic
On-Campus Emergency Phone Number: 685-4 911
Keep Your Germs to Yourself
Respiratory infections such as colds, coughs and the flu, affect the nose, throat and lungs. The germs (viruses and bacteria) that can cause these infections are spread person-to-person in the air or by physical contact. Tips to help prevent spreading germs or avoiding catching someone else’s germs include:
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your arm.
• Throw out used tissues in the trash as soon as you can.
• Always wash your hands after sneezing, blowing your nose, coughing or after touching used tissues or handkerchiefs. Also wash often if you are sick.
• Use warm water and soap or alcohol-based hand sanitizers to wash your hands.
• Try to stay home if you have a cough or fever.
• See your doctor as soon as you can if you are feeling ill and follow their instructions.
• Do NOT share personal items, such as cigarettes, towels, lipstick or anything that may be contaminated with respiratory germs.
• Do NOT share food, utensils or beverage containers with others.
• Keep your immunizations current.
This site is intended to inform the Midland College community
about what to do in advance of, during and after an emergency.
Midland College Police Department: (432) 685-4734
Midland College Public Information Office: (432) 685-4556
Emergency Phone Number: 685-4 911