MC Emergency Preparedness Guide • Other Emergencies • Bomb Threat
• Get a downloadable/printaple copy of this guide (Adobe .pdf file)
On-Campus Emergency Phone Number: 685-4 911
Bomb threats are usually received by telephone, but they may also be received by note, letter or e-mail. All bomb threats should be taken seriously and handled as though an explosive were in the building.
What to Do When a Bomb Threat Occurs:
• If you receive a bomb threat, get as much information from the caller as possible.
• Be aware of background noise, special voice characteristic, music, machinery, etc.
• Call X4911 or (432) 685-4911 immediately.
• If you receive a bomb threat, do not touch any suspicious packages.
• Clear the area around the suspicious package and notify Police immediately.
• When evacuating a building, avoid standing in front of windows or other potentially hazardous areas.
• Do not restrict sidewalks or other areas used by emergency officials.
• If you find a bomb, do not touch it or attempt to move it. Call for help and evacuate the area.
This site is intended to inform the Midland College community
about what to do in advance of, during and after an emergency.
Midland College Police Department
Midland College Public Information Office
Emergency Phone Number: 685-4 911